My Way of Living + Time

The Greenfield City Sunset Run

Hi gang, been awhile. Hope you enjoyed the BDM series I put out for you, it was so crazy I thought it would never finish writing it. Believe it or not, I typed out the last part of that article at about 12 midnight at a Mcdonald's branch in a seedy part of Kuala Lumpur. The free WiFi was worth the "You want lady love you long time?" catcalls while attempting to grab a cab home. Eeek.

Anyway, I'm running this just because I felt so guilty for missing the presser, my car arrived late and so that's that . In a nutshell, wat's the spin on this? Out of town, flat course, sunset race. Nuff' said.

I wanna run this...

I'm hopeful that the ITBS injury I sustained during BDM would be completely healed by the time this race comes around. It sort of has sentimental value, as it was maiden race was my first ever 21k. You should have seen me. Check out this passage from an ancient blog entry of mine :

Get a nice Running Shoe! Believe it or not guys, after all these races I have been running on a 1998 retread cross trainer with the heel replaced by (gulp) Mr. Quickie. At the 14k point my toes and heels were burning, and who knows the crummy shoe may have been the reason for my injury. Mr Quickie! (shudder). Before kasi I'd just use it to run 2km outside my condo, no biggie. Never thought I'd be this hooked into running. Now, I need to buy! I feel I'm losing so much efficiency because of it.

With matching trucker cap, basketball shorts and weird shoes.How fast time flies. I think I finished my maiden half-mary at 2:28 that day, then I could barely walk after. Lol. Anyway, here are the details for the race. Seems pretty straightforward. And just in case you have never ever been to Enchanted or Tagaytay ( fun life you lead eh?), I put in a map of how to get there for good measure. Sunsets sound good. See you all there!

Greenfield City Sunset Run 2010
Sta. Rosa, Laguna
April 24, 2010
500m / 3K / 5K / 10K / 21K

Registration Fees:
Category – Slots – Registration Fee – Race Features
(Kids – 500m Dash) – 300 – Php100 – Finisher’s Kit (Kids are for 12 years old and below)
3K – 1,000 – Php 400 – Race No., Singlet, Timing Chip, PhotoVendo, Race Analysis
5K – 1,500 – Php 550 – Race No., Singlet, Timing Chip, PhotoVendo, Race Analysis
10K – 700 – Php 600 – Race No., Singlet, Timing Chip, PhotoVendo, Race Analysis
21K – 500 – Php 650 – Race No., Singlet, Timing Chip, PhotoVendo, Race Analysis, Finisher’s Medal

Race Category / Assembly Time / Gun Start
Kids – 500m Dash / 5:50pm / 6:20pm
3K / 5:35pm / 6:05pm
5K / 5:25pm / 5:55pm
10K / 5:10pm / 5:40pm
21K / 5:00pm / 5:30pm

Registration Areas:
Regular In-Store Registration: March 22 to April 11, 2010
– Planet Sports – Trinoma
– New Balance – Glorietta and Shangri-la Mall
– Athlete’s Foot – Alabang Town Center
– R.O.X. – Bonifacio High Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
– Greenfield City Sunset Run Booth – Paseo, Sta. Rosa, Laguna

Late In-Store Registration: April 12 to April 17, 2010
– R.O.X. – Bonifacio High Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
– Greenfield City Sunset Run Booth – Paseo, Sta. Rosa, Laguna

It's sorta near EK and that cold place with Bulalo. Yum.

Blog, dash, HOPE, injury, Life, life and running, race, RUN, running, shoes, and more:

The Greenfield City Sunset Run + Time