My Way of Living + Light

My new garden will have big boots to fill, and a camera changes my style

All of these images were taken circa Summer 2008/2009

2-P1100746

This post started off with my wanting to share some old photos of my last garden at the condo. How when we finally get some spring my new garden is going to have some big boots to fill in order to have color, and texture of the old one.

1-P1100744

But as I went through my archives looking for some of my garden images I realized that there was a huge shift in my style of photography as soon as I got my DSLR a few years ago.

3-P1100750

I moved quickly from living large, wide angle shots that the little point and shoots could do so easily, to macro, or close-up shots that the DSLR specializes in.

4-P1100754

The ability to clearly capture the tiniest detail is fascinating to me, and a good 100 mm macro was soon on my list.

5-2009 05 10 080

While the DSLR did change the way I see, the way I shoot, and it did make me a much better photographer, it’s a journey, most of life is. But I do regret not taking the little point and shoot out once in a while for a joy ride, it would have been interesting to see what I could have come up with at the same time.

6-2009 05 25 279

After all what is a camera but a tool to capture what, and how we see. And now I see differently. And I would have liked to be able to more clearly document that.

8-2009 06 25 140

art of living, Blog, Life, and more:

My new garden will have big boots to fill, and a camera changes my style + Light