My Way of Living + Visual

If winter tarries too long, make your own spring

Funny thing happened the

1-Muscari-2032

other day while I was cleaning up some cupboards, and came across a photo of snowdrops that I had taken played around with some textures, and text added that read, “If winter tarries too long make your own spring.” Oh, that’s nice I thought, so I decided to try and find out where that quote came from. But when I Goggled it, my blog post that I had written last year when we first moved here came up.

2-Muscari-2035

Seems like winter was really hanging on then also, and apparently I was finding it hard to deal with it then also, nothings really changed has it? That’s one of the things I love about blogging, if I remember to reference the weather… or what is happening, it’s interesting to go back and see how things were.

3-Muscari-2036

I don’t know who originally wrote that quote, but I do like it, to me it means take charge, make some changes, don’t let life dictate what’s going to happen.and for goodness sake get outside, no matter the weather.

4-Muscari-2043

Bring on your spring Winter is trying to stay, it’s there in the big patches under the trees, hiding on the shady parts of the roof and lingering in the piles of snow. It’s funny to be out raking the front yard between the patches of snow that cover the garden beds… but we all, and that includes the Boo, have spring fever. Any outdoor air is very welcome.

5-Muscari-2053

So I am making my own spring, by getting some pretty little blue potted muscari that will be moved to the garden when they finish up. It was the last pot in a sea of daffies so it looks like someone else has the same idea and got to them before I could. I choose potted bulbs to bring on my spring this week, what have you been doing to bring on spring?

Blog, Boot, Life, and more:

If winter tarries too long, make your own spring + Visual