My Way of Living + Words

You take pictures don’t you?
1-Felted creations-1251

The phone rings, and it’s my Dad, who asks me right away a question that I know in the front of his mind because it’s the first thing he says when I answer… ”you take pictures, don’t you?” “Well, I have been known to take a few Dad, what do you need?” “I need a passport like photo for a application I have to put in, and I’ve forgotten about it, and it needs to be in before my birthday” he tells me. His B day in in mid spring… he insists we hurry, after all it’s only a few months away. I get the forgetfulness gene naturally.

2-Felted creations-1260

The adventure continues when both of my parents come over, I line Dad up in front of a white door, for the plain background that is required, and get the camera ready, then my Mom fusses around him, like a bee on birthday cake… buzzing into the photo to straighten a collar, smooth a errant hair, and pluck a imaginary piece of lint. It’s true love, long term lasting love that shows every time she steps in… ”don’t purse your lips” he blows her a raspberry, “stand straight” he does and goes up beyond the frame of the shot, “smile, no don’t show your teeth.” I readjust, crop her out as she darts and pounces on his collar… you can see she cares, and wants him to look his best.

3-Felted creations-1267

After 20 shots, all of them with him making faces, we finally get the keeper. And then I ask to take a shot of both of them, but my Mom won’t stop adjusting every wrinkle on my Dad… so all of the shots are of her looking up at him… a life time of marriage… in a single click. Priceless. Don’t forget to join in our No Winter Whining on Sunday at Heather’s blog.

Blog, Life, and more:

You take pictures don’t you? + Words