My Way of Living + Words

No Winter Whining–what I love about winter

What I love about winter, it’s

5-Okanagan Asparagus Farm-0059

so tempting to say “that it’s going out the door.” But that wouldn’t be true, now would it. Winter isn’t a easy season to live through in our climate, and maybe I am feeling generous because it seems that we might get a early spring. We even have some bare patches under the trees… gotta love them. This winter wasn’t as hard on me as our first one, we have more snow, but warmer temperatures it seems. I do love the way the snow covers up the scenery, equalizing everything into soft marshmallow mounds.

1-icicles and birds-1041

No dark bare patches, all is clean and white, and constantly freshened up by new snowfalls. I love how the winter gives us new photo opportunities if only we open our eyes to them. The details are sharper, the trees have shapes, the birds stand out in winter. Nothing is hidden above the snow, but below it’s all a mystery.

2-icicles and birds-1042

But I will admit that I am looking forward to spring, hoping, wishing, and dreaming of the hidden garden… with it’s surprises, and new shoots. I am already planning to move this, replant that, make this larger…

3-icicles and birds-1052

Spring is only as beautiful as it is because of winter’s wrath… and for that we should be grateful.

4-Seed Packets-1731

We are wrapping up this last week of No winter whining with this post, putting it away with the winter mittens, scarves, and snow shovels, it’s been fun, and thanks to everyone who joined in. Spring will be coming very soon to many bloggers, although Heather, and I will be white for awhile we are looking forward to spring just like everyone else. The Pinterest boards, and Face book pages will stay up for now… drop by and visit them. Please link up on Heather’s blog, she is hosting today, and don’t forget to grab a button. Thanks for joining in.

Blog, Life, and more:

No Winter Whining–what I love about winter + Words