My Way of Living + summer fun

Yesterday’s news
2011 01 18_0159

It seems like so many times I take photos meaning to blog about them in the near future, and then they get put into the photo archives, and forgotten. Sure it’s great fun to look at sweltering hot sidewalks in the middle of the winter, “sweetie, can you turn down the heat a bit please, this summer photo is making me sweat.’ [As if] And then we have the snowdrop photos from last week. All week I have been meaning to look them up on the computer, they weren’t too sharp, it was pretty dim when I visited my secret snowdrop place. And I forgot, other things took precedence, work being one of them. So here I am writing about yesterday’s news, and those snowdrops are probably huge by now. But a full week of rain has made it pretty impossible to get out and shoot anything.

Church steeple Jan 2011

Yesterday’s news, both a good thing, and a bad thing I guess. There are some events you are glad that are over, like a visit to the dentist, or a work week.

2011 01 18_0147

And then there are others you want to take out, give a good shake, sit down and savour them. Like the sight of Bootsie running around the condo, tail up, legs akimbo, ferociously stalking a unseen prey. Finally himself again after two bouts with a mysterious high fever. A hug from Gar, it’s the reason my day stays on track. The feeling of the sun on my skin, that’s one to keep for those rainy days, bring it out and savour it through the clouds. The thought of spring… need I say more? Let me know what yours are.

Blog, Inspiration, Photography, RUN, running, Style, and more:

Yesterday’s news + summer fun