My Way of Living + Style

Phishing? Let’s hope they get skunked.
_MG_0224 043

This is totally off course, but you probably will thank me if you don’t know about it. And if you do know about it, then maybe you can pass it on to your other friends who might not know. We are all aware of phishing scams, ways to part you and your money. The latest which has been on the news involves a complicated key stroke virus that records your passwords, and breaks into your email contact list, then sending out requests to everyone while posing as you. I know from experience because I received two of them recently, one so convincing I had toreread it to be sure it really wasn’t from Google. Asking for my passwords, date of birth, and much more personal info, declaring that selected email accounts were to be purged. The only way I could stop mine from being deleted would be to pass the info on to them. Right, I’ll be sure to do that, as soon as my purchase of some rock solid swampland in Florida goes through.

_MG_0227 046

The other, and I do think that they are connected somehow, was supposedly from a friend of mine, who found herself in a unfortunate situation abroad and required money wired to her immediately. Of course it read that the person would pay me back. Ah ha. Not going to happen to me, you say? You won’t fall for it? Well quite a few people around here have. Let’s not give them any more reason to continue on with this.

_MG_0230 049

So if you get one of these emails be fully aware, and let anyone else that you think might be susceptible to falling for them know about it. Who knows, these nasty people’s phishing trip might just end up getting skunked.

Blogging, HOPE, Inspiration, road, and more:

Phishing? Let’s hope they get skunked. + Style