My Way of Living + Story

In praise of the bright shiny new bloggers
Big snow — old barn

Hello village, how are you doing.
I’ve been perusing your comments on the last few posts.
It’s been an interesting read.
And I want to thank you all for weighing in, leaving insightful hints, and sharing your love of blogging.
We rock!
We’re a wonderful tribe, and being part of such a great group means we are welcoming, and friendly to all, especially the bright and shiny new bloggers.

Big snow fence posts

Today I would like to celebrate the starry eyed new bloggers, for without them it wouldn’t be as fun to write our stories, reread our old posts, and have someone to celebrate small milestones with. They are a breath of fresh air, a new beginning, and some of them might be on the way to becoming old friends.
Those almost overwhelming first few months of blogging, the I’ve got my first comment. the “I’ve reached a hundred readers, comments, or posts.”
We love you, because any group is only as good as it’s members.
Those sparkling new bloggers who have yet to encounter blog problems, malfunctioning gadgets, lost comments, and over whelming seemingly never ending spam. The ones who are out there reading, and leaving comments, discovering some of our favourite bloggers. It’s a whole new world for them, don’t you love it?

Big snow-metal top barn

When I wrote What I would tell my newbie blogging self I didn’t have time to include any helpful links, just some directions on what I would have said to myself if I was starting out now. So I would like to put together some links to bloggers, and sites that I have found to be helpful over the years. There is nothing like having a list of trusted resources to turn to when something goes wrong, or you need to know how to do something.
Look for a new page on my blog, so if you have a site that you think should be included email me and let me know so I can include it. I’ll be regularly adding, and editing the page, so check back once in a while.
In the meantime, here are some sites, bloggers, and links that you might like to check out.
Pinterest: There are a unbelievable amount of tips, and tutorials out there. I’m using the link to my Blogging-basics to boot camp board to get you started, but branch out after that. There are so many great pins out there that cover everything from how to start a blog, how to add that hover pin it button, ideas on coming up with creative posts repeatedly… I’m sure you will find something fun to look at.
Brenda’s Blog Tips: Brenda is a seasoned, extremely helpful friend, and blogger who writes numerous blogs, and has saved my blogging bacon more then once. If she doesn’t know the answer, she will search it out for you. Her latest creation is newish, the old one got eaten by the blogging monster, something that you should hope never happens to you, but if it does, Brenda can probably help out. Look on her sidebar for a whole range of interesting how to’s.
Click it up a notch: This is a link to their Face book page. A blog is so much more interesting with well photographed images, instead of recycling ones you have found on the internet, it’s not as hard as you might think to shoot your own. Whether or not you have a point and shoot, or a new to you DSLR, they will have something for you to learn.
Something Swanky: Ever wonder how you could make your own super cool graphics, backgrounds, designs, social media icons, and effects? Ashton will guide you through it all with concise and easy to follow directions.
Pic Monkey: Alright, alright, I was not a big fan because of the monkey… I’m a monkey phobe… but now we’ve made our peace, and I use PM for processing almost all of my blog images. It’s quick, easy, and does a great job of enhancing my photos. There are so many fun things to play with there that you will be lost for days… and that’s after you climb out of the Pinterest boards that you will find yourself immersed in.

Big snow-stark trees

Just a few things to check out as you celebrate your first little while of blogging, all I can say is be original, be persistent, be interesting, and most of all, be yourself.
Blog on.

Blog, Blogging, celebrate, cycling, Dream, HOPE, and more:

In praise of the bright shiny new bloggers + Story