My Way of Living + Light

Farm Friday: About that asparagus picker

Sharing shots of our life, from the farm in the North Okanagan

Light dancing-0425

It’s Farm Friday, and I would like to share some shots of the gorgeous farm that we are staying at… soon to be the place we are no longer staying at, but visiting, since next week we will be in our new place!!

Light dancing-0383

Last week I had talked about the Asparagus picker, and mentioned that it had flat beds that were similar to a surf board, yes, asparagus surfing in the country, life is exciting out here. Well I didn’t have any shots to share, and it was dark, so I had to wait until another day to get some shots.

Light dancing-0390

I ventured out on a cold day, but it was totally worth it because look at the frost, and I love the bright blue color that matched my nose, and frozen fingers.

Light dancing-0426

During the spring time, when the asparagus is growing and not just brittle branches of frost, the farm workers lay on the beds, face down, and pick the asparagus as the “plane” is towed behind the tractor, talk about laying down on the job.

Light dancing-0430

All joking aside, it’s not a easy job. But how many people can say that they had a chance to surf the earth?

Blog, and more:

Farm Friday: About that asparagus picker + Light