My Way of Living + Story

Don't hit the publish button yet, here's why

It's been one of those kind of days. Life has been pushing your boundaries lately. And you would dearly love to push back.

  • There's a chore list as long as your arm, t he dog just puked on the carpet.
  • Phone calls need to be returned.
  • Your best friend is going through a crisis, the doorbell keeps ringing…

There is also a blog post to write.

Simple, nothing too it, just pop one off quickly.grab a few photos, and done, on to the next thing…now where is that dog? There is one problem though…the mood that we are in, the stress we have in our lives can be communicated when we sit down to write, and is probably the way the post will come across to readers. And I know that fact very well.

But one niggling part of my brain keeps saying.I must post something. Call me guilty! Put down that laptop, step away from the keyboard! Should I ask if the world's going to stop because I didn't post on schedule? Do you agree? Maybe we are one step closer to being a better bloggers. We all have those self imposed schedules, the"I have to because it's Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday"…you get the picture. But do we have to post? Is the world going to stop on a dime because we missed a day? Or two? If we were to miss more then a few in a row without saying anything our readers might be wondering what is going on. But that's why we have Blog Breaks. I say take a break if we need it, because blogging has changed. It's grownup, come into it's own,and it's getting more popular each year. There are gaz-millions of blogs…and yes I just made up that word…but there are so many blogs out there. That's a lot of choice for readers. Now it's about great writing, and good photography, crafting a post that you can be proud to share with your readers. They call it quality content. And here's why we need it. When a reader comes to our blog, it's not just to catch up with the latest news and what we had for dinner. Of course we all have our regular readers, the ones who have been with us since we started our blogs. Maybe they will stick with us forever, but are we sure of that? We might be contented with our group of readers, villages, our community. And that's perfectly fine But maybe we should consider if. We owe it to them to make sure that they leave satisfied, and entertained. Clicking away with a feeling of having spent their time well. And if we are going to take the time to blog? Shouldn't we do our very best, take our best photos, write our best content. Not in the spirit of competing against anyone else, but challenging ourselves to be our very best bloggers. Whatever level of blogging we might be at.

Isn't that what makes blogging worth the effort we put into it. Maybe we could all look at the quality of our posts, even if we consider ourselves a small blogger, posting just for ourselves, for a small group of readers. And in my next post, I am going to tell you why. But until then I would like you to tell us what you would like to improve on your blog. I'll go first… I'm trying to improve my ability to plan ahead so things like writing a post don't catch me off guard all the time, like they do now. I feel like I am always playing catch up…I want to post smarter, not harder, that's not what I want my blogging life to be like. Is there anything that you think you can improve on your blog?

Contains: 100% Canadian content All images and text original to Jane Vandervoort Muddy Boot Dreams Copyright 2015 If you like what you are reading, and seeing, please click on the share buttons below. It would be greatly appreciated.

Blog, Blogging, Dream, and more:

Don't hit the publish button yet, here's why + Story