My Way of Living + RUN

A unpleasant surprise
untitled shoot-0846

Mornings should always be full of sunshine, happy times, and blogging. At least that’s what I think. But yesterday wasn’t full of any of those things, it was full of a unpleasant surprise. I got up intending to start my day with a bowl of cereal, and some blog reading, but what I got instead was frustration, and worry. My blog was suspended, it literally disappeared off the face of bloggy land, access to my email, contacts, and Picasa web albums, [all of my web site photos are run through here], was suspended also. And when I tried to verify my name by having them send me a code to my cell phone, that didn’t work either.

untitled shoot-0812

What’s up with Google? Turns out I was temporarily suspended for breaking the “ terms of service” and I did nothing wrong. I am not the only blogger to go through this lately. At first I thought maybe I was hacked, but I had recently changed my password a few days ago, and I think this triggered something… again.

untitled shoot-0388

Last summer I was without any access to any of my emails, blog, or albums because I changed my password, and they refused to believe that I was Jane from Muddy Boot Dreams. It took a week of emails to convince anyone that the email connected to my business, and my blog was important enough for them to take a look at.

untitled shoot-0805

Have you had this happen to you? Have you heard of another blogger going through this? What’s going on? And why? And most important I guess, is how do we stop it from happening again?

Blog, HAPPY, Light, and more:

A unpleasant surprise + RUN