My Way of Living + Style

A real Bambi moment
2010 12 30_0386

It’s a rare coincidence here, and whatever weather conditions that it takes to cover everything in hoar frost happened. “Oh my!” And miraculously I wasn’t working that day. Double “Oh My!” I truly think it was a once in a life time experience. Very cold, very dry, and very stunningly wonderful. And it almost never happens here, and if it does, I am working, or it rains right away, or it’s cloudy all day, or foggy, or something spoils it. So my good friend, Floweriscius and I went to Campbell Valley Park that day. That’s her in the photo above. She drove, thank goodness, because everywhere I turned it was a winter glitz snow covered, ice crystal laden branches, and sparkly, sparkly, icy lights bouncing of of the sunlight everywhere moment. I think that I would have driven off the road many times just trying to get the shot. And my shots cannot do it justice, they just can’t give you that feeling, that “living in the moment, and isn’t this the most beautiful thing you have ever beheld moment?” Trust me, it was. I still smile, and remember that feeling, of wonderment. Of how is this possible? And then a deep shiver because it was SOOOOO cold. That kind of feeling.

2010 12 30_0396

There were birds everywhere, and all of them were willing to eat out of our hands, not that my hand was out there that much. Tooooo cold, and to many photo ops abounding for me, I was firmly holding onto my camera. There was a real Bambi moment when we were standing on the path in a small patch of sunlight, the birds were twittering, flying from branch to hand, grabbing a seed and letting the next bird come in for a landing. Then the bushes started to rustle, and animals started to creep out from their hiding spots. It was quiet, and peaceful, and everywhere we cautiously turned there was more wildlife. Drawn to us by the thought of food, because of the cold, they seemed perfectly comfortable with us. Circling all around us, quietly waiting for a handful of seeds.

2010 12 30_0398

I felt like I was in the Bambi movie… Trust me, it was a moment I will never forget. ♥.

art of living, food, Inspiration, Nature, Photography, road, and more:

A real Bambi moment + Style