My Way of Living + Things

Painted with frost

There are some mornings that you just look forward to going to work.

We had clear skies, and a frosty night, it was our first real frost of the season. I just knew that there would be some really interesting photo ops available. After wheeling into the parking lot, I grabbed the camera, and headed out to the back of the nursery. I wanted to get to any frosty leaves before the brilliant sunshine melted them. Barely stopping to call out a greeting to Garden Brat, I crunched my way through the frozen grass, stopping and shooting as much as possible. I must have looked a funny sight, high stepping through the weeds, stepping and bending, all the time with a camera attached to my face.

A little ridicule was worth it, I got some amazing shots of the leaves. Some of them resemble pencil crayon drawings, so intricately painted with frost, the detailing crisp, and colorful. Nature is a amazing artist. Then the sun melted what little frost we had, but I didn't care, I had gotten what I came for.

Nature, Performance, Photography, RUN, and more:

Painted with frost + Things