My Way of Living + Time

Gingerbreadtalk : How to Train for 160k, Trisuit Suckiness, the Aqua Sphere Seal XP, Oman Asian Beach Games and other Holiday Shennanigans

Just a couple of days more and we'll be turning in the fat again on Christmas Eve. So while you're getting to ready for that big 6,000 calorie day, some final snippets for you to chew on before your culminating holiday activities.

  • Just received the confirmation from Sir Jovie. It's final. It's mind boggling. It's the... Bataan Death March 160k Ultramarathon, the longest and most challenging road race in the country today. 28 hours of sheer guts and glory. But we'll be up for it. How do you train for 160k (or a 100 miler) anyway?While I haven't the slightest idea, maybe this rough plan could give you an idea of what it takes to finish one. No doubt about it, we'll all be extended to our very limit on this one. Off the couch, on to the road.
  • Quick survey - would you ever attempt running 160 kms in your lifetime? Why or why not? Give me your thoughts.

The ultimate goal

  • I have come to terms with the reality that if you want to look half decent being snapped up and tagged in a dripping wet trisuit, lose 20 lbs. Minimum. Cry.
  • Some days I wish I could have taken a snap of my Oscar-worthy, PBA losing finalist smile.
  • To that dude who emailed me, no I do not use spellcheck for my articles. It's a hit and miss.
  • For all those who emailed and FB messaged on our recent Piolow cover story for Frontrunner, thank you so much for the support. I am very happy that you liked my article. I didn't sleep for two days working on it, subsisting on Cobra and pandesal. Yum. Seriously though, thanks a bunch. You guys inspire me to come up with even better material in the future. Cheers!
  • What's fancy thing did you buy over the holiday? As for me, while I promised not to buy anything for myself anymore , I couldn't resist snapping up this cool pair of Aqua Sphere Seal XP fancy goggles courtesy of Ultraman/Ironman/VFF celebrity endorser Ronald Declarador. It gives you cool 180 degree vision in the water and seals in tight like a ziploc bag. Much better than the lame goggles I bought at the SM Kids Section.

New Weapon of War.

  • Congratulations to everybody who finished the Corregidor International Half Marathon organized by my good friend Edward Kho. I heard from a lot of my ANR students that the race was one heck of a humdinger. I ran that last year, no way you could go around that without maxing out your HR.

Takbo.ph boss Jinoe finishes the course in record time. Record picture pace time :P

  • Even if we didn't take home a medal, big ups to both LC Langit and Nikko Huelgas for placing 4th and 10th respectively in the recent Oman Asian Beach Games. They both broke national records for Olympic Distance in the process. The rest of the team did decently as well, Kim Mangrobang took 7th and Epoy Jurolan 17th in an extremely competitive field. These guys and gals are the future of the sport here in our country, there's simply nowhere to go but up for them.

A job well done.

  • In related news, LC's 1.5 km swim split is still faster than my 800 m split. Que Horror. Gosh I suck. Time to hit the pool.
  • I wonder who amongst the people we know would be joining the planned full Ironman Distance Triathlon this time next year? Hmmm... .
  • I have seen more accidents this holiday season than any other. The funny thing is, what exacerbates the whole thing is the 20 or so seconds it takes for the motorists to make usyoso. I plead not guilty.
  • Usapang Batalya. Carbon Fiber = Stiff. Titanium = why don't you just buy a car? And give me the change?

If I don't catch you all , Good afternoon good evening and good night :P Happy Holidays :)

goals, HAPPY, life and running, marathon, race, road, RUN, running, the thought process, and more:

Gingerbreadtalk : How to Train for 160k, Trisuit Suckiness, the Aqua Sphere Seal XP, Oman Asian Beach Games and other Holiday Shennanigans + Time