My Way of Living + Words

Today I am so over orange
4-MBD 2012 Foggy Daze-0207

It’s time to change the colors up, the leaves are falling, the brown branches glint with rain drops, and the even the clouds look greyer. It’s the start of another season, the chill, crisp the white that is to come. Today I am so over orange I am tired of pumpkins, and gourds, and Halloween. It’s done, it’s over and now we can move on. I’m looking forward to calm crisp whites, and natural brown branches with touches of silver in my life now.

2-MBD 2012 Foggy Daze-0162

I am so over orange, for today at least. The neighbours dog stole my special warty gourd from the front door, I suppose she thought it was a ball, “I was saving that, for next years seeds” I yelled at her as we backed out of our driveway.

3-MBD 2012 Foggy Daze-0202

There is a reason I don’t like Halloween, it was a few years ago that thieves broke into our neighbours condo just as we went to bed. Slipped opened the window and went in. Our neighbour fled out his hallway door as they came in, we stood in the rain and listened to them trash everything inside looking for items that were easy to sell.

1-MBD 2012 Foggy Daze-0161

It was scary, dark, and wet, and we knew that they had just been on our deck minutes before because we heard them, even though the lights were on in our bedroom. They did eventually catch up with the fingerprints, but we all know that the revolving door lets them out fast.

5-MBD 2012 Foggy Daze-0208

So no, Halloween isn’t my favourite, but bad memories fade, and seeing the little faces with such bright eyes is a good replacement for scary nights spent in the rain. I am so over orange for another year, bring on the fresh white of new snow.

Life, and more:

Today I am so over orange + Words