My Way of Living + Visual

Living in a world of glisten, and glow
Glittering ice crystals

We are still in the grip of the frozen north.
Natures cold fingers squeezing out every drop of warmth.
Plants in the garden fighting a losing battle because there is no snow covering.
Our wood framed windows frozen shut, too much moisture from before this cold spell.
Forecast predicting warmer temperatures this coming week will bring some welcome relief.
Warm socks, gloves, scarf, hat, big boots… and that’s just to go to the mailbox.
So if you live somewhere colder then here, don’t make fun of us, it was down to chilly below zero for too many nights, a rather rude introduction to the winter that is to come. And if you live where it’s warmer, count your blessings.

Glittering posts

The best part of all this is the glorious sunshine, the beautiful almost bright light streaming in the windows. Highlighting the lacy frost patterns on the trucks window, picking out diamonds, and hand polishing them. It’s a world of glisten, and glow here.
I’ve not started to decorate for Christmas, we don’t do that until a week or so before, so I have plenty of time… sure I do, it goes faster then you think doesn’t it?
But I do know that I need to gather up some greens before the snow comes, or we won’t be able to get out there and find them without snow shoes. I need to visit the farm, and go for a gathering walk… this year I am inspired by the simplicity of nature, all I want is natural greens, rough hewn logs, bark, feathers, clear glass, and maybe some silver metallic for touches of shine.

Glittered fence post

What are your plans for Christmas decor? Are you planning on going wild, over the top, restrained, traditional? Tree, no tree? Fun, fake, or real? What I like about Christmas is every one gets to do what pleases them, there is no must have, only this type of decor anymore… create, express, and delight. It’s more fun this way.
My mind wanders over to caramel, and cookies, it seems to be the perfect time to bake, and dream of baking, think of baking, plan for baking. Sugar cookies, brownies, chocolate anything, peppermint is replacing pumpkin as the “it” flavour of the season for me. My Pinterest boards sure come in handy when I have a craving for something sweet, and by pinning those sweet recipes think of the calories I save.
I’m dreaming of lemon mug cakes with sauce, does anyone know of a recipe that works? I would love to have some lemon flavoured sauce on the bottom of the mug to complement the cake. I made a chocolate brownie mug cake the other night, it was rich, but a little over the top, so lemon sounds delightful.

Glittering fence posts

I am having some difficulties with my blog roll, so do me a favour and if you are a regular visitor and don’t see your blog on my blog roll here let me know. T here are 5-7 blogs whose feed disappears from my blog roll each time I put them on. Blogger is having some glitches again, and my blog is one of the ones affected by this problem.
Thinking of chilly peppermint, glitter, glow, glistening lights, and snowy days.

MBD Posting days

art of living, Blog, Boot, Photography, shoes, and more:

Living in a world of glisten, and glow + Visual