My Way of Living + Words

Ask me again in 4 months if I love the snow
5-MBD 12 Snow shots-0661

Yesterday we got our first “real” snow, the kind that will probably outstay it’s welcome, and do a thaw freeze combo that makes me think of old vanilla ice cream. Tasteless, yucky, and slightly dirty. Yesterday I loved it, today well it’s still pretty as it hangs out on all of the branches. But ask me again after four months of slushy and dirty sand covered roads how I feel about it, I am sure I will be wanting it to be gone.

2-MBD 12 Snow shots-0638

That first snowfall is like a visit to the dentist, you dread it, and then when it’s over, you realize it’s not so bad. And you wonder why you dreaded the visit, until the next time, when it starts all over again.

3-MBD 12 Snow shots-0654

Along with the snow, we had our first power outage of the season, and when I called the electrical company to report it they were completely unaware it was out, [great job smart meters]. The lovely lady, in hot and sunny India, asked if my neighbours were without power also… but since we are the only ones around here that get up really early it was hard to tell if anyone else was awake. I guess more then a few neighbours did without their morning coffee.

1-MBD 12 Snow shots-0632

It’s coming up on our first year of the move to the Okanagan, and our Muddy Boot Dreams, it seems that only yesterday we found out that we were moving in 2 weeks, and the rush was on.

4-MBD 12 Snow shots-0659

It’s been a year of changes, hopes, and dreams come true, and the adventure continues on. But as for the snow, ask me again in four months

HOPE, Life, road, and more:

Ask me again in 4 months if I love the snow + Words