My Way of Living + Words

And then my brain left the building
1-MBD Camera phone-1167

One of our favourite sayings is “Elvis has left the building”, not because we love Elvis, but it just has such meaning and is multi purpose. Now I am going to have to learn to substitute “my brain has left the building.” It’s not menopause, it’s just life, things happen, life goes forward, and my brain leaves the building without warning. Brain farts, seniors moments, flash drive failure. Loss of train of thought, as in it left the station without you, didn’t they mention it?

2-MBD Camera phone-1171

You can call it what you want, it’s annoying when you suddenly have this blank spot where just a moment ago there was a thought. Especially when you are cooking dinner, and suddenly the recipe in your head is turned upside down by the total lack of recall. That usually only happens when I am cooking two different things, and forget to concentrate.

3-MBD Camera phone-1150

We end up with some pretty interesting dishes, coconut curry turkey burgers, and chilli bean, and yam spicy tortilla soup. They were all pretty good tasting, although I don’t know if I would recommend cooking like this.

4-MBD Camera phone-1145

My husband says I like to cook exotic food, this is the guy who loves creamed corn, I just say my brain has left the building, and the ingredients went with it.

5-MBD Camera phone-1147

If it’s not menopause what is it? Does your brain leave the building?

cooking, food, Life, and more:

And then my brain left the building + Words