My Way of Living + Style

A bridge too far
2010 10 30_3810

I had three things coordinating perfectly. The weather, while not sunny wasn’t raining, and around here that’s as much as we can hope for. The time, having just gotten off of work, there was still a good chunk of daylight left to enjoy. And my Sweetie, who was available to go with me for a walk. So we headed for Crescent Park with the camera, and high hopes. A beautiful urban park, it boasts acres of trees, miles of pathways, a pond, and even a bridge or two. With it’s meandering paths snaking through densely forested area, and looping around like a skein of wool, it’s easy to miss your destination. Our objective was to find the two paths that included the quaint wooden bridges. I was hoping to find some fall color framing them. It had been too long since I had taken my camera out for a walk. First we hit the duck pond, this is always one of the highlights of our trip, and then we set off into the woods, the twisting and turning paths making it hard to remember which one ended up exactly where. Somewhere out there were my bridges, and a background of colorful trees.

2009 11 03 043

Each time we came to anther fork in the road, we would look at each other and say “I think it’s this one,” and off we went on another jaunt. Eventually after one too many roads taken, we had to admit that we had ended up traversing the entire park from one end to the other, and no success in finding the bridges. By this time the shy sun had taken cover, the wind had picked up, and the forest was no longer a inviting place to photograph. Mushrooms were dark blobs, and leaves no longer golden, so we had to head home.

2009 10 04 042

This time it might have been a bridge too far, but I am certain to find it next time, and think of the exercise that we got.

exercise, HOPE, Inspiration, Nature, Photography, road, and more:

A bridge too far + Style