My Way of Living + Visual

The morning the sun rose twice
Otter Lake morning mist

Before a glow showed behind curtains, before the sun even touched the top of the mountains, I knew the day showed a promise that I intended it to keep.
Gave the Boo a hug while trying to weave a scarf around my neck, scraped the windshield, and drove out the frosty, morning driveway.
“Why do you keep taking pictures of the same place”, he had asked, don’t you get bored? I replayed that conversation instead of the radio, as the truck rolled down a deserted back road lined with fields of corn stubble. There was no answer to it, other then I just did, maybe it was time to change. My gaze shifted over golden leaves soaring from branch to dark frost covered ground, but didn’t quite see it the same way anymore.
Felt the chill hit my legs as I left the comfort of the warm heater in the truck.

Otter lake grass

First, quick clicks caught a new day’s sun as it peeked over mountain range, captured it playing hide and seek with the orange kitty intend on hunting breakfast. I shivered as it s lid around the poplar trees, between the almost bare branches, lighting frost on fire, melting leaves, and roadside grass.
Reminded myself that I was going to bring mitts, that this time was the next time, blow on fingers, try to ignore the cold.

Otter Lake morning

Down the road, over the Hiway, invisible boundary that I had not crossed until now.
Winding pavement, low clouds, high mountains, dark morning, bright head lights approaching, passing, receding.
Crunching gravel, steep path, mist covered lonely lake, ducks quacking, a cow’s demand to be milked echoing over water.
Watch for light to show, see the sun trembling from exertion, balanced on top of the mountain peak, a long climb to the other side of morning.

Otter Lake wharf

Mist glides, frost glows, slithers down leaves, branches go dark with wet, drip… good morning sunshine, great to see you again. Today the sun rose twice, and I saw it both times. Because we live in a land of long deep valleys, and low mountains it’s possible to start on one side of morning, catch the sun rising, circle round in the dark, and see it rise over another mountain range, giving the illusion of a double sunrise.
Somewhat of a morning miracle if you ask me… I come from a land of only one sunrise, tall buildings, and long shadows…

Blog PM Posting schedule

Boot, Nature, Photography, road, RUN, and more:

The morning the sun rose twice + Visual