My Way of Living + Words

Thankful you are here
1-MBD 2012 Fall leaves and foliage-0600

After living all of my life in a rainy climate, I now realize that we took it for granted that it would rain about oh, 25 days out of each month. Except for a scorching hot, two week period in July/August when we begged it to end. Now here is something I never thought I would hear myself saying. After a long three and a half months, I can now say, I am thankful you are here, to the rain.

2-MBD 2012 Fall leaves and foliage-0609

It doesn’t rain up here like on the coast, well duh, you might say, but when you are living in the middle of a drought, I guess it makes it that much more real.

3-MBD 2012 Fall leaves and foliage-0614

I am thankful that the rain is washing down the scent of Fall weed and feed, from those neighbours that use a lawn care service in the country, [why is this needed] the dust in the fields, the coating of dirt off of the trees.

4-MBD 2012 Fall leaves and foliage-0615

We did a bit of our fall clean up yesterday, and of course Boo was in there like a dirty shirt, loving the rustle of the leaves, as they fell. You’ve not watched a kitty, until you’ve seen them track a leaf as it falls from a tree, not knowing if they want to pounce or run. I’ve moved some plants, and was shocked at how dry they are deep down, I see a lot of watering in my days ahead. The little rain that we will get is very welcome, and hopefully we will get more before the snow falls. The promised frost hasn’t come, and it was a hard goodbye to say to most of the annuals, but they are starting to perish in the cool temps, it was their time to go.

5-MBD 2012 Fall leaves and foliage-0626

I would like to announce the winner of the Goose Creek Candle draw, is… Vicki from Life in a empty nest. Send me a email so I can pass on the info to Goose Creek. Congrats Vicki. So to all a Happy Sunday…

HAPPY, HOPE, Life, RUN, thankful, and more:

Thankful you are here + Words