My Way of Living + Visual

Of fog, fungi, and photos
Fungi forest

Something else broke the other day.
And this time we couldn’t be happier.
After more then 2 weeks of foggy, mushy weather, gloomy, dark days it broke.
The weather that is.
Thank goodness.
You can only take so many fog photos before it gets a little old.
And damp.
The first few days were a delight, I was out there clicking, in the early morning, late afternoon… but like the fog, the joy of it goes away, and had me wishing for sunshine.
It’s much cooler now, there is still frost on the ground in the shade, even in the afternoon.
Who cares. It’s sunny, even if it gets dark earlier, and earlier, oh winter stay away.

Fungi and farm dogs

We went for a walk the other day, the farm dogs, my Sister, and I, I didn’t have my regular camera, just my phone, but the photos didn’t turn out too bad.
We took a walk in the woods, it’s beautiful, and warm, sunny perfect fall weather.
We had to be bear aware, because if you go out in the woods today…
And they are not teddy bears.
We ran into one a few weeks ago, so much for the farm dogs letting us know that there was a bear around, they were too busy chasing imaginary squirrels.
There are a few switch back paths on the way down to the stream, I was chattering away, the dogs are somewhere off in the distance, it was abnormally quiet… suddenly my Sister stops dead in her tracks, and started to yell at something on the path ahead of us.
Me? My mind was on photos, amber leaves, and textured bark, until I saw her face, and instinctively start yelling also… at what I wasn’t sure of at first, but I knew I needed to make a lot of noise.
It was kind of fun to yell… until I realized that it was a bear.
And then the dogs clued in, and started to chase it away.
It ran, and I didn’t… don’t ask me if it scared me, yes, it was a little too close for comfort.
This time I almost forgot on our walk that there were bears around until she reminded me again.
That made me listen for crashing bushes, and look for bear scat, saw lots of that, but no bears, just fungi, and sun. No complaints here about the lack of bears.

Fungi Fall colors

With our unusually wet September there seems to be a huge burst of fungi happening, fairy rings, mushrooms, toadstools, they are everywhere.
We even have them growing on our lawn, they outnumber the dandelions, imagine that.

Fungi on log

The sun didn’t peak through a good strong burst of morning fog until nearly 10 am… so I got a few sun, and fog shots before it burned off. There is such a beautiful light in this weather, and if you can get out there with your camera try and do so.
Me, I’ll be dancing among the toadstools, plucking dandelions, and going camera happy.

MBD Posting days

Boot, HAPPY, Photography, and more:

Of fog, fungi, and photos + Visual