My Way of Living + Style

Sunflowers memories with my Mom

The morning that we left Armstrong to come home, we made sure to stop by my parents place and have a visit. My Mom took me out to see her share of the community garden, it's towering sunflowers dwarfing her, with their nodding yellow heads. She picked some kale for us to take home with us that she had seeded herself, and we walked among the sunflowers while I took lots of photos.

It was a short moment, one that I am cherishing. We don't see my family very often, and the visits can be intense with their busyness. These quiet few moments of connection are even more special to me, and I can pull them out anytime I am lonely for family. I had picked up some gorgeous April Cornell place mats, and cloth napkins with a sunflower motif to give to her as a parting gift. She adored them, and has always loved any of April Cornell's work. We noticed how they matched with the sunflower cards I had made for her so I spread them out, and took some photos. When I got home that night, and was reading blogs, I noticed that April Cornel's blog was featuring her designs for tablecloths, and one of them was the exact same sunflower pattern that I had given to my Mom. A small coincidence, but every time I see a sunflower now, I have this great memory of the time I walked through Mom's garden with her.

Blog, connection, family, Garden, Inspiration, and more:

Sunflowers memories with my Mom + Style