My Way of Living + Visual

The glass is half full: of weeds
1-untitled-2984

“There’s a weed,” she says… ah hmmm I reply, my eyes on the beauty of a poppy about to unfurl in my garden a nd the weeds has lots of friends too, I think but do not point it out to her She sighs, and exclaims… ”your garden is lovely, look at how much you have accomplished in the last year” and then “oh there’s another weed. I should come over and pull some weeds for you when it cools down.”

3-untitled-2980

I only see flowers, I see flowers that might need to be moved come fall, flowers that need to be deadheaded, and I see a glass full to the brim of beauty.birds, and squirrels, she sees weeds in her glass.
My Mom, I love her dearly and she sees only weeds.

2-untitled-2981

She is a consummate gardener, much of what I know I’ve learnt from her. During my teenaged years we would call out to her to come inside during the gathering dusk of a warm summer night, but she continued to wheel her barrow from garden to garden, keeping our acre completely weed free.

4-untitled-2986

This climate here is harsher, the weeds are tolerant of the heat, the ground is like cement, and it doesn’t give up it’s green treasures easily. I weed when my back doesn’t hurt, it’s not a priority… once a week I pluck from the ground the green seedlings that are flowers growing in the wrong places, I am not giving it all of my attention, it’s well under control in my eyes…

5-untitled-2991

But she sees weeds…
I’m giving her a hoe, and a pair of garden gloves for Christmas, and a all you can weed pass to my garden. This way I figure we both will be happy. How do you really feel about weeds? Nasty, bothersome, or just a plant in the wrong place? Just one more thing, Missio Terra [ a lovely blog, full of great photos, and info, drop by them and visit] asked in a comment about pinning my photos to Pinterest.
While all photos are the property of MBD’s there are “pin it” buttons that will show up if you mouse over the upper right hand corner of my photos in my blog posts.
My photos are watermarked, and as long as you link to and keep Muddy Boot Dreams as the source, I have no problem with anyone pinning to Pinterest.
Hope that helps clear up any confusion.

Blog, Boot, Garden, HAPPY, HOPE, Photography, Rural, and more:

The glass is half full: of weeds + Visual