My Way of Living + Time

The baking soda experiment and other home remedies
untitled shoot-0583

I love the internet, and I love Pinterest ♥ ah Pinterest and your wonderful solutions that mostly turn out great. Except for the Baking Soda experiment. DO HOME REMEDIES REALLY WORK? This ones a total failure as far as I am concerned. Some happy pinner pinned a picture of weeds and claimed that sprinkling them with baking soda worked wonders.

untitled shoot-0589

The pinner claimed that it kept them down all season, and she only reapplied it spring, and fall. Thanks, but no thanks where I live it doesn’t work. I had promised that I would let you know if it did, as far as I am concerned, don’t bother, and don’t waste your money.

untitled shoot-0595

he weeds did better where I sprinkled the baking soda, it did knock down the fairy ring of mushrooms for a week, and then they came back with a vengeance. Sigh… big sigh. I think the baking soda combated the acid from the Fir trees and made the soil more alkaline, and the weeds just loved it. Pinterest fail. Add that to the Buttermilk ranch dressing covered pork chops, that a pinner claimed were amazing… made them, they sucked. Sorry truth is they were awful. But the vinegar rinse for your hair is great, just make sure that you don’t have any open cuts before you pour that over your hair. Ouch. But I thinking of trying the Castile soap, and coconut milk, I have a feeling that would work.

untitled shoot-0598

Are you on Pinterest, and have you encountered any pins that just didn’t do the trick? What’s your fav one that actually works? I would love to know. Pinning…

Day, HAPPY, and more:

The baking soda experiment and other home remedies + Time