My Way of Living + Story

Post cards from the edge of summer

I don’t want to see Autumn peeking around the corner on Pinterest. I have no intention of pinning pumpkins, and fall colors, yet.
Leave that for those who must always be one step ahead of the the pack.
I will linger behind picking leftover blossoms, and blowing fluff into a setting sun.

Pink eckies in sunset

It’s much nicer here than there.
Pinecones, and bare branches can wait until the frost. I am not ready to toss my summer annuals, they still look lush, and full. Glassy eyed, and slack in the heat.
I’m purposefully looking the other way when encountering those colorful orange, and russet displays of clothing in stores, heavy woven fabric, constricting jackets. Cute they are, but not for me… yet. I’m thinking “ back to school” are three of the nastiest words to utter right now, I don’t want to move forward… yet. I am not ready for Fall, there are no sweaters in my closet, socks, jeans, coats are not what my dreams are made of. Summer mornings with slight hints of a crisp fresh breeze, hot days, and glinting golden highlights through leaves as the sun shines bright.
Watermelon crisp, cucumbers on the vine, squash ripening in the garden. This is my reality, my only focus. Leave Autumn for those that look ahead, plan for the future, think too much.
I am hanging on, enjoying, savouring the light, and the soft bouncing end to summer.
Hot days, cooler nights, this is my favourite time of summer.
Hay bales stacked in Lego mounds, wheat golden shimmering, birds song in the trees once again.

Summer postcards — fileds

Not for me the harsh goodbye, a final farewell before it ends, these credits are not rolling, the circle keeps on spinning.
There is a time to every season, and this is not it.
Yet.
I’m lingering in summer for as long as I can.

Summer gardens pink eckies

Splashing in sprinklers, gazing at skies, grateful for the bounty.
My flirty skirts, and bare legs will not be covered yet, my shoes are still hidden in the back of the closet.
I refuse to give in gracefully, there is still time.
I don’t want to be prepared.
There are 8 months to prepare for winter, more then enough.
Give me my full four of golden glistening light, skies that soften as the dark approaches, evenings that awe.
Give me green, in every variety and shade that nature can create.
Blue, yellow, purple toned greens.
Don’t give me burnished bronzes, browns, and dried and decay just yet.
Send me postcards from the edge of summer.
Glinting off of the sand, glowing in the evening skies, whispering more days to come, soft sunlight, and flowers never ending.

MBD Blog just one more thing

Today’s Monday meet and greet is Lisa from Fresh Eggs Daily.
Lisa, is the Chicken Queen, a delightfully real person, and fountain of information for everything Chicken, [and duck] from newcomers, to seasoned flock owners.
If you have ever dreamed of what your world would be like with the addition of daily fresh eggs, laid by contended chickens, check out her blog for great tips, and ideas.

Blog, Dream, Photography, race, Rural, Seasons, shoes, and more:

Post cards from the edge of summer + Story