My Way of Living + training

Frogs, fritters, and a fifty foot dash
Single flower-0729

It’s dry up here with intensely parched earth, and the only water available in our area comes out of the water hose. So when I found a tiny frog under my broom on the front porch the other morning, I had to look twice to make sure that’s what it was. Indeed it was a frog that jumped out. Watch out for the spider webs little one. Oh I forgot, you’ll eat those babies first won’t you. It might be a Pacific Chorus Frog, a tiny little thing, no larger then my thumbnail. No time to grab the camera, I whisked it away to the back where the water feature lives, and hopefully it will be smart enough to stay nearby.

Sunflowers-1504

Then later while vacuuming the pollen from the sunflowers, [ doesn’t everyone vacuum the pollen off of their flower heads ] I accidentally sucked up a pen off of the kitchen table with our built in vacuum cleaner hose.

Sunflowers-1509

What followed was a Olympic styled mad dash to the other end of the fifty foot hose in order to pull the pen before it plugged up the lines. You should have seen me complete the long jump, the pole vault, and the discus throw all at once. I got there in time to rescue the pen before it went into the walls, maybe I should start my Olympic training now.

Still life shots-1304

Remember my lament about our lack of zucchini during all those years as a coastal gardener? Well we now are overrun with the green baseball bats, and I couldn’t be happier. Out of 7 plants, there are only 3 survivors, which leads me to think, a spare, and a care, in other words plant at least 3 and expect only one to survive.

Zen garden Bootsie-0624

The two at the farm are doing well and producing the actual veggie, the one here is enthusiastically giving us little green sticks that keep rotting on the plant. Any suggestions for next year? The zucchini fritters tasted so delish, who cares where the zuckies come from. Practicing my long jump…

dash, Day, HOPE, RUN, Time, and more:

Frogs, fritters, and a fifty foot dash + training