My Way of Living + Things

A new lens, and a early morning YAWN…

I just picked up my new lens for my new Canon dslr yesterday. I did not have a chance to shoot more than 3 shots off with it, and was very anxious to try it out. Getting up early this morning and going down to the beach seemed like a great idea.
So I woke my Gardening Assistant up at 3:00 am, and asked him if he would go look out the window and see if the dawn had broke yet. His answer, is not printable. And again at 4:00 am and 5:00 am, I asked him if he thought it was light enough."Go back to sleep, it's Sunday morning!" He sleeps beside the window, so why not ask him to check, right? Finally! 6:00 am. There was enough light to shoot by, so I hustled out to the car. As I was driving down the steep White Rock hill, in the far distance I could see the lights of a approaching train coming towards the beach. Knowing a friend would love photos of the early morning train I decided to floor it. Down a very steep hill. Fast!
Screeching into the parking lot, and running out to the board walk I positioned myself in the right place, forgetting that I had never really used this lens yet.
As the train approached I clicked off as many shots as I could. And then I remembered to focus.
I am only 3 feet from the train, the ground is shaking, train horns are blasting, the noise is deafening. Some people use coffee to wake up, but not me. So some are a little blurry, maybe next time I will remember to bring the tripod. But I had fun, and saw lots of seagulls, blue herons. Even discovered that a telephoto lens can give you really cool dept of field effects, with flower shots. I have probably broke every rule of composition, but what the heck. I raced the train and I won! So Bill here are your train photos, and you owe me money for the speeding ticket. LoL Jane

Performance, Photography, race, RUN, running, and more:

A new lens, and a early morning YAWN… + Things