My Way of Living + Visual

There’s a bug for that
6-Salmon Arm-1570

If you have a cell phone, you are most likely familiar with the saying… there’s a app for that. Seems that there are apps for almost everything, banking, stock market, cooking, lists, name it and there is a app for that.
And apparently we have just as many bugs up here.
Green bugs, yellow bugs, red bugs, ugly winged brown flying… ugh it’s on me, get it off, get it off, kind of bugs.
I have never seen this many bugs in my life, you name the plant, and if it grows here there are bugs for it.

2-Salmon Arm-1657

My beautiful blue leafed willow bush had a weird origami bug that took the leaf and folded, and rolled it into a triangle shaped box, who knew bugs could be that creative.
This is big sky, and big bug country, if you are sitting in a room and hear a loud thunk, it’s usually a huge flying bug buzzing around that’s hit the window. There are bugs that only eat a certain type of leaf, picky eaters that they are, they will chew down the plant to a skeleton and leave a different plant uneaten right next to it.

1-Salmon Arm-1648

Aromatic plants are not exempt because of their scent, I was outside, looked down and was horrified to see a ugh… white spider eating the head off of a poor unsuspecting bee. I know it’s a bug eat bug world, but still…
There are buzzing bugs, flying bugs, crawling bugs, sitting bugs that are exactly the same color as the leaf. Bugs that come out at night, and bugs that only are here in the day time. Bugs that bite me while I am at the computer, and bugs that sneak in the front door. There are even bugs that want to bite the Boo.

4-Salmon Arm-1701

My irrigation system with it’s micro sprinklers is being bombarded by bugs that crawl into the lines and clog it up each day. Picture me, skirt hiked up, pink gardening clogs stomping my seedlings, trying to reach into the garden bed and yank the sprinkler head off… and then I get sprayed with water, and a bug attacks me, and I run screeching into the house. It bugs me that I have become bug-a-phobic, but bugs bite me and I swell up, so I am leery of them.

5-Salmon Arm-1676

Gardening is starting to bug me, but maybe as the summer turns towards the fall, the bugs will buzz off.

3-Salmon Arm-1641

Do bugs bug you? Are you once bitten, twice swollen…?

Boot, cooking, Garden, Nature, RUN, and more:

There’s a bug for that + Visual