My Way of Living + Visual

Strawberry lemonade popsicles
1-Daylillies-1079

What really speaks summer to you? For me it’s popsicles… I love popsicles, ice cream, and lemonade. The more homemade the better, a nd what better time to indulge then summer… bonus no Goosebumps when you eat them.
I’ve been playing around with a few homemade versions of the frozen treaties, and so far my most favourite has been strawberry lemonade popsicles. Super easy to make.

2-Daylillies-1076

Start with a simple sugar syrup, I used slightly less then a cup of white sugar, and 2 cups of water, bring to a boil, let cool completely. Take a generous handful of strawberries, frozen works fine, mush them up, add the juice of a lemon, and if you are adventurous a little bit of lemon zest goes along beautifully. Stir in the simple syrup, and voila… strawberry lemonade syrup. Keeps in the fridge for a few days.but it will be gone before then.
I made the popsicles full strength, or you can add a bit of water to it if you like. For the lemonade, I used about a 1/2 cup, or to taste, add ice, and water, stir, and enjoy.
Use fresh or frozen fruit and even try adding some club soda instead of water to the lemonade mix… for a real burst of flavour.

3-Daylillies-1082

Our adventures in BBQ land are continuing… last year we learnt to burn chicken, yes it was on fire when we put it on the plate. We were new to BBQing, having only gotten the smoking hulking stainless steel monstrosity last summer.it’s a burning learning curve.
Made some pizza on the grill the other night, I am still not quite there, although this time it never caught on fire, it was a little too crunchy for my liking. I’d love some pizza tips if you have them, especially how to get the dough onto the grill without flipping the pizza up and over, or how high to burn cook them at.
After the smoke cleared, we could see for miles and miles… it sure stopped the neighbours dogs from barking continuously.

4-Daylillies-1090

Did you ever get your tongue stuck on a popsicle because it was too cold when you were a kid? I know we did at least once every summer… aggghhh ahhhh tonnnnngggguue stk. Heeeemmlllp.
Look for the next MBD post this Sunday, thanks for visiting.

Boot, Home, RUN, and more:

Strawberry lemonade popsicles + Visual