My Way of Living + travel

Garden tours 5 cents
1-untitled shoot-0420

Our little back porch is a darling space slightly crowded out by the BBQ, which is a big hulking cherished mound of stainless steel. [He says how could it possibly be out in the weather?] It needed a bit of outdoor decor in my mind, he thinks the BBQ is perfectly enough.

Garden tours 5 cents, see the

butterflies, and the birds.

There is more room beyond the porch, if you travel out onto the new patio that we created out of what we had, and a little ingenuity. It does us well for now, the steps are slight, and easy to negotiate. But what I wanted most was a sign to hang on the post that holds up the corner of the house…

2-Garden signs-0588

It needed to have character, ours is a Cape Cod house, so a slightly traditional look is good. And I love the look of the graphite, and cream colored ASCP gives it a crisp edge.

5-Garden signs-0586

Easily customized, I copied the letters out on the printer, and transferred them with pencil shading to the back of the paper.

4-Garden signs-0585

Remember to shade the back of the paper first, and not waste time by tracing it all out without putting the pencil shading on the back. Did that one over and over…

2-untitled shoot-0425

Afterwards I distressed it with the sander because I wanted a faded worn look.

1-Garden signs-0592

This is one of my favourite places to sit outdoor, we eat our dinner there many nights when it is balmy, it’s like a private cafe with a lovely view of the garden, the Boo, and my turquoise trickling fountain. Delighting in the garden…

Day, Time, and more:

Garden tours 5 cents + travel