My Way of Living + Time

The peas please
4-Flowers-0032

Just a few things that are happening [finally] in my garden, the first showings of the white blossoms that signify fresh green peas are happening. Excited, me yes! I love peas, and I am out there like a avid gardener saying the peas please! As if to encourage them along faster. The Baking Soda experiment kind of worked on the fairy rings… notice that I sound perplexed. Well it isn’t really working on the weeds, but it is turning the mushroom circles brown, and they are dying. Who knows, I might have stumbled onto something. Put out both of your hands in front of you thumbs barely touching, now spread your fingers slightly. That’s the size of a mushroom that was growing in our lawn, I honestly don’t think I have ever seen anything like it, not even down on the coast. Disposed of neatly in the compost pile, so now that I think of it, most likely I have spread the spores… sigh.

2-Flowers-0010

Heat wave, we are getting a two day heat wave, yah! After all that rain, most of June was wet, it’s good to go outside and not smell wet dog. We don’t have a dog. It’s the rain. Zucchini, we have 3 tiny little babies of zukies, one looks like it might make it to full grown, can I break the spell? No pics… yet. I will be showing pics when it’s ready, this is a celebration for us remember I can’t grown them, so if it works…

3-Flowers-0030

Bootsie decided to pick the spot where I planted the catnip seeds to roll in the dirt. So far he’s left all of the basil seedlings alone, but the day is young. The cosmos have finally got their second set of leaves, after being planted for a month.

5-Flowers-0033

Our cat loves Gangsta Rap. The neighbour was in his shed playing that nasty, swearing, rap kind of music, and Boo was sitting near the fence enthralled, fascinated with the boom, boom boom. Great, now I have a cat that want’s to be Gangster. Getting ear plugs for the cat…

Day, and more:

The peas please + Time