My Way of Living + Time

The sun and the rain and a bit more
6-rain and sun-0524

So, today it was sunny, and then it rained, all at the same time. Kind of fun to see the rain bouncing off of the hood of the neighbours truck with the sun shining through it.

7-rain and sun-0540

It really pours when it rains, but 5 minutes later the sun dries everything up. Our stage two water restrictions are tight, we can water by hand every second day, and it’s only for a few hours. If you want your plants to live, you learn to stay home during your water day and get those gardens watered. This is only the end of May, makes me worried about what is going to happen during the hot summer months. I don’t care about the lawn, it can go brown, but this is the first year for my plants from the coast, and I hope we can continue to water them. Of course that hasn’t deterred some of our neighbours who still insist on sprinkling their lawns during the heat of the day, when ever it suits them… life isn’t the same for everyone.

1-Garden -0390

Picked our first radishes, yes, we are a little behind up here, but the salad greens are growing, and the peas are up to 12 inches tall now.

4-Garden -0384

The sweet peas I planted over a month ago have just come through the soil, they had better hurry up before the heat.

2-Garden -0402

That’s a squash flower, and I am hoping for many more, and some growth. The days are really warm, but the nights are still cool, so the cukes, and squash plants are rather static.

5-Garden -0415

I found the loveliest little clematis for cheap the other day, and here it is rewarding me with a bloom already.

3-Garden -0399

It’s marked for a spot on the fence out back, I am just hoping that my neighbour doesn’t chop it down. He likes to trim the grass under the fence a little close for comfort, and anything that hangs over his side, will and can be chopped down… he is very tidy! Maybe I can bribe him with a spool of weed wacker twine and he will let it grow.

Day, hood to coast, HOPE, summer fun, and more:

The sun and the rain and a bit more + Time