My Way of Living + Visual

Dandelions of desire edge us closer to desperation
1-Lily of the valley-7569

We have realized that we are losing the fight against the weeds, and the grass, English style edging is full of weakening resolve, no stiff upper lip here. Like the cat, it is always wishing to be somewhere it shouldn’t.
With the extra moisture spurring it on, the grass has breached the boundaries all those hours of the half spade slicing into edges of garden beds resulting only in sciatica, and a garden bed that is shaggy, and overgrown as a bad haircut.
Turf should grow where it’s wanted, not climbing, and clawing at the edges of my flower beds. Behave yourself I want to tell it, go and grow instead in the mossy bare patches of the middle of the lawn.

2-Lily of the valley-7576

Dandelions are on parade, grey haired, bobble heads standing sentinel over the grass. Waiting their turn to blow the white whiskered seeds, with the slightest breeze.
If I were to choose never to buy another plant again, never a bloom to brighten the spots the dandelions have not yet reached, I could yearly divert the garden budget towards landscape cloth, and gravel, with which to cover the grass.the space is too big to do that, and my love and need of flowers bigger still.

3-Morning light-7372

Grass is a green eyed monster, would be water sucking if we were to be that foolish. Weed festooned, and always self consciously comparing it’s self to the neighbours. It’s always needing to be cut, pruned, and sheared into submission. I am prideful on perennials… they are my love, my money is on the flowers, divert the eye, that’s my motto.

4-Gardening-7640

It’s the dandelions of desire that irk my heart, I wish to stand in the middle of the lawn and tell them that they are all to be made into wine, but they would just laugh at me.

5-Pink Rose -6286

I plan, scheme, think, and dream how to replace this worrisome green carpet that is so needy with something that will not overtake our house. Ground cover won’t do here, the climate is too harsh, to cold, to hot… gravel.loads, and loads of it… I dream of rocks, a weed less carpet of rocks.
The grass merely giggles at my innocence, and creeps towards the garden beds, intent on mischief.

Boot, Garden, Nature, RUN, and more:

Dandelions of desire edge us closer to desperation + Visual