My Way of Living + Time

Craving something pretty for the walls?
1-Boots-0144

Naked walls With the nice weather we have been very focused on the outside gardens, and neglecting the inside decor a little, until suddenly I was craving something personal, pretty, fresh, and summery for our walls. Dollar store frames, and color copies are fast and fun, and add a personal touch for only a few pennies. Pick out a dollar store frame, or repurpose a old one. These can be repainted, decorated, or covered in fabric, paper, paint, what ever your heart desires, I left mine the original black, but I could have easily spray painted it any color I choose.

2-Boots-0145

Show off your shots If you would like fast and easy artwork for your walls color copies are your friend, they can be printed on heavier card stock so they have a little density to them, and they are cheap to print, usually under a dollar. Take some colorful photos of the flowers in your garden or your favourite subject, you can add quotes, or textures should you wish, making sure to resize them with a editing program to fit the frames, and then send them off to your local printers, I use Staples online, but you can use anyone close to where you live. The photo I chose was a bird’s nest and eggs that I had taken last spring, with a added quote in my favourite turquoise color.

3-Boots-0146

If you have some colorful scrapbook paper you can trim the color copy to a smaller size and use scrapbook paper in place of a more expensive mat. Just make sure to measure correctly, the layer of scrapbook paper should just fit inside the frame, and the color copy should be slightly smaller. I wanted even more turquoise so I used a piece of paper that I had been saving for a special occasion, this was it.

4-Boots-0151

Stick em up! Using double sided tape stick the color copy on top of the scrapbook paper leaving a equal border all around the edges, and gently place it in the frame. When put together the frame will flatten all the layers together and it will be hard to tell that you didn’t cut a custom mat.

5-Boots-0169

Inexpensive custom art, from dollar store frames… and your photos, something pretty for the walls and it’s fast and fun.

Day, summer fun, and more:

Craving something pretty for the walls? + Time