My Way of Living + Visual

The great garlic experiment

Garlic, we find it so useful for

6-Garlic-3530

many things, pest control, vampires, cooking and garlic bread. Drool… Handy little bulb isn’t it? And, rumour has it that you can’t plant those store bought ooops we forgot about them and now they are sprouting, bulbs. Well call me stubborn but I am going to try and make them grow. I guess I was supposed to plant them by the light of the moon in deep and dark December during the winter solstice… but. I was too busy making garlic bread that night, and besides, my garden was under a coat of the white stuff.

1-Garlic-3514

So I did it yesterday, and the Boo helped me. It’s going to be cold enough tonight to pass for winter, going down below zero, that should make them feel like it’s still time to grow.

4-Garlic-3522

What have I got to lose? It’s already sprouted, it’s garlic… we’ll get really hot weather here months from now, let’s see if it grows. I’ll let you know…

2-Garlic-3516

Remember the Baking soda experiment, from last summer, I know, neither did I… but apparently it’s a very popular post. There are many pins on Pinterest that tell you to sprinkle baking soda on gravel paths, and weedy spots, and they swear it works. It just didn’t work for me… simple as that.

3-Garlic-3517

And I so wanted it to work, but maybe our soil is too acidic with the trees, and the mountains. There are other bloggers that used baking soda to keep the weeds down, but where ever I spread it, the weeds grew even bigger. Go figure…

5-Garlic-3528

Did it work for you? And does my breath smell of garlic? I need to go and find some parsley. Did you know how to get the garlic smell off of your hands? Wet them down, and rub something made of stainless steel, like your sink on them. Well, rub your hands on the sink, not the other way around.or you could use a spoon, it really works, unlike the baking soda.

Blog, Boot, cooking, and more:

The great garlic experiment + Visual