My Way of Living + Style

Pagoda Lily
2010 04 13 021

They came into the nursery every fall, with a beautiful photo on the box, and they slowly withered under the radiant heaters. Desiccated, beige bulbs, little lumps. Only a few sold, how sad it is now to realize what treasures those bulbs were. Erythronium “Pagoda” is simply one of the most stunning spring flowering bulbs.

2010 04 13 024

Our local White Rock library, adjoining the City Hall, is fortunate enough to have some wonderful, talented gardening staff. They clearly know their plants, and were always at the nursery where I worked, looking for rare and unusual stock. They have planted the landscaping with all sorts of treasures. And this is one that I adore.

2010 04 13 034

I almost forgot to get photo’s of these beauties this year, everything is earlier then usual, and I wasn’t prepared at all for them to be almost bloomed out. But I am glad that I made the trip yesterday. The rain stopped, the sun came translucently through the clouds, and the lilies shone. It was well worth the trip.

Garden, Inspiration, and more:

Pagoda Lily + Style