My Way of Living + Time

Just keep it moving
3-Abandoned buildings-0584

A body at rest tends to stay at rest, Newton’s laws of motion, and a body eating potato chips all day isn’t going to get up and move. I love that so many of you like the idea of the “keep it moving personal challenge.” So just keep it moving, getting up for a good walk, gardening, and raking the lawn will work just as well. Today I danced with the Boo in the sunshine to a ELO CD… gotta love that music. I am sure any neighbours that could see in must have thought I had totally lost it, but hey, dance like no one is watching right? Let’s keep supporting each other, and together we can keep it moving. Check in is in a month…

1-Abandoned buildings-0568

Then we went to our new community garden and raked up all the old branches from a fallen tree. We have sun here, it goes all the way around the house, but as of right now, only the front yard is landscaped, and there is a tiny veggie bed in the back. The ground, being on the side of a mountain, is very gravelly, and we will have to truck in soil to make beds. So for now we are using a garden bed at my Sister’s farm. Full sun, beautiful sandy soil, and unlimited sun.

2-Abandoned buildings-0571

I am jokingly calling it the sharecropping, or community garden, since there are 3 families involved. Looking forward to seeing the tomatoes, and the zucchini growing out of my ears. Can’t wait for those first baby potatoes, peas, and carrots of the season. And this hot weather we get up here will grow some awesome basil.

4-Abandoned buildings-0583

Yesterday at the garagesales I found some great vintage linens, a luncheon cloth, and white linen table cloths for only a $1 each. I am thinking some white ruffled pillows on the deck would be perfect. Or maybe I will finally get that ruffled shower curtain made that I have been craving.

5-Abandoned buildings-0587

Didn’t get to make any new friends, but you will have to read a few back posts to get that joke. Happy Sunday!

Day, HAPPY, and more:

Just keep it moving + Time